Military Order of the Purple Heart
ChapterScholarship Program & Application.pdf
The Scholarship Program is decentralized to the Chapter level. Each year a 3-Member Chapter Nominating Committee, to exclude representation by relatives of the applicant, will be formed to select applicants. The Chapters will be alloted $1000.00 to be divided among selected applicants. If more than one applicant is selected the monies are to be divided equally.
To be eligible to receive a Department sponsored Scholarship the applicant must be:
1. A recipient of the Purple Heart
2. The spouse or widow of a recipient of the Purple Heart
3. The direct descendant (child, step-child, adopted child, grandchild or a greatgrandchild) of a Purple Heart recipient.
4. A resident of the Comonwealth of Pennsylvania
attending school within the Commonwealth.
5. Must have completed a semester, or quarter, or equivalent Trade School & currentley enrolled carrying 12 or more semester credit hours, or 18 quarter credit hours at an accredited U.S. College, University or Trade School.
6. A citizen of the United States of America.
Scholarship Processing Schedule
Jan. 1 Completed application returned to Chapter.
Jan. 1-12 Chap. Scholarship Selection Board convenes
Jan. 15 Recomendations and completed application forwarded to Department Adjutant.
Feb. 1 Scholarship recipient check mailed to Chapter.
The Scholarship Committee has awarded $1,000 to the student who applied for the Scholarship program in 2017.
Military Order of the Purple Heart Chapter 455 does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content or advertisements (collectively, the "Materials") contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website (the "Service"), nor the quality of any products, information or other materials displayed, purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information or offer in or in connection with the Service (the "Products"). You hereby acknowledge that any reliance upon any Materials shall be at your sole risk. Military Order of the Purple Heart reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to make improvements to, or correct any error or omissions in any portion of the Service or the Materials.